Saturday, September 22, 2007

Off for 3 Weeks Vacation

I will be leaving this evening for my belated summer vacation.

Tomorrow at this time, Viviane (Mrs. Library Boy) and I will be zipping between Paris and Brussels on the TGV high-speed train.

Itinerary: Brussels, then Namur (capital of Wallonie) and the Entre-Sambre-et-Meuse region, then northwards to my father's birthplace Ghent (or Gent in Flemish or Gand in French, depending on your language preferences or political proclivities - this is important in the context of Belgian communitarian tensions). Then, off to visit a friend in Munich for Oktoberfest (!), then hop on the overnight train to Paris in the 2nd week of October for the last few days before jetting back over the Big Pond.

Arrive home and collapse from exhaustion after 3 weeks of mussels, carbonnades flamandes, Ghent waterzooi (thick chicken stew/soup), steins of Bavarian beer and many servings of Zwetschgenkuchen (plum cake), and French pastries.

Will I blog while on vacation? Maybe, maybe not. Let's say I'll try.
Bookmark and Share Subscribe
posted by Michel-Adrien at 9:15 am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home